HOW IT WORKS
Imagine where your mind could go, how healing would come if you could completely quiet your body and mind.
In a Salt For Your Soul float pod, you’re treated to an amazing weightless experience unencumbered by the normal aches and pains of your daily state.
In water temperatures that match your body’s own internal temperature, you become detached from its presence, suspended in a float bath of Epsom salt
or magnesium sulfate—a mineral of which nearly every person on the planet is deficient. As you float you absorb and increase magnesium and sulfate
levels as you learn how to relax in the deepest sense of the word—weightless, silent, peaceful.
The magnesium sulfate calms your nervous system, enhancing your body’s natural ability to heal. Floatation pods are designed to create a space
that is ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation of your mind and body.
Research shows that the effects of a two hour float session is equivalent to eight hours of deep sleep, making it one of the most
efficient and comprehensive relaxation techniques available; floating is even more relaxing, enhanced by complete sensory deprivation.
Benefits Of Floatation Therapy
PAIN MANAGEMENT: Pain is a mysterious feeling. While it’s value in avoiding injury is obvious, it is not always obvious what benefit pain
has on chronic pain. However our bodies have natural pain killers which are just as effective, in fact often much more effective than drugs.
They are called endorphins, a class of hormones. Hormones are very powerful chemical messengers which control all aspects of our bodies. We do not have conscious control of them but they work for us all the time. Profound relaxation causes the brain to release endorphins which control pain. The deep relaxation state achieved allows the body to recover from stress and pain is relieved. Blood flow is stimulated through all the tissues and natural endorphins are released.
It just feels good!!
STRESS & ANXIETY: Floatation therapy is very effective at lowering the stress hormone cortisol which causes anxiety and contributes to weight gain.
The pod offers such a soothing experience that many floaters fall asleep…this is completely normal. Floating has also been shown to produce
spontaneous reduction in, or the elimination of habits such as smoking. Stress is replaced with an over all sense of well-being.
An ALPHA state of mind kicks in, which is the mental state of deep relaxation & meditation. ALPHA denotes a state of consciousness detached
HEALING: Perhaps one of the greatest qualities of the pod is that it helps to stimulate the body’s own power of healing and regeneration and maintains homeostasis within the body, strengthening the body’s resistance to the effects of stress, illness and injury. The effects of floating are cumulative- every time you float you strengthen your body’s resistance.
CREATIVITY & CLARITY: Floating offers an individual experience, one that is different for everyone. The most common reports are those of profound peace and relaxation, deep concentration, creativity & clarity. Not only will the experience be different for you than it is for anyone else, it will be different each time. It activates the THETA brain waves. THETA is the state of mind where it is believed you can create everything and change reality instantly. A THETA state is a state of very deep relaxation, used in hypnosis….absolute perfect calm. The quality of creative work is improved by floating. Students are able to remember facts and to concentrate better after floating.
- Chronic joint pain is often relieved for prolonged periods after floating.
- A very positive impact on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Controlled tests have shown that athletic performance is improved by floating before an event. Additionally, because of the high concentration of magnesium sulfate from the salt, it mineralizes the body and dissolves lactic acid. This reduces or eliminates muscle soreness and tension.
- People with jet-lag express feelings of relief and improvement.
- Epsom salt has been shown to not only strengthen your mind/ body connection, but skin and nails as well.
- It generally takes perhaps fifteen minutes to enter the first deep stage of relaxation, and the remaining 45 minutes of a typical hour-long session pass quickly and effortlessly. The benefits begin during this stage but continue for the rest of the day, and into the next day…your body and mind feel refreshed.